On 7th of december, a discussion was held with business groups about investments in renewable energies.
On seventh of December 2022, in one-on-one meetings and focus groups with businesses operating in the tourism and agro-industry sectors in Vlora County, to discuss investments in the field of renewable energies.
Together with Mrs. Diana Angoni – Director of the Secretariat of the Investment Council and experts Sokol Spahiu and Martin Sereqi, we discussed with businesses the technical, legal and financial details of investments in this field, the supporting schemes and the possibility of their improvement, the legal proposals that are expected to be approved soon from the parliament to give a quality boost to investments in renewable energy sources.
In one-on-one meetings, businesses: Marina Bay, Acros Hotel, Cobo Center, Kraal Hotel, Bolonja Hotel, Palace Hotel, House Nika, Regina Group and Pularia Llakatund, were suggested for the Investment Council and the Albanian Government the following recommendations. They shared with the experts the technical projects for the installation of photovoltaic plants that they have implemented, or have in the design phase, as well as for the suggestions given for the improvement of the financial support schemes.
Some of the recommendations from the one/one and focus group meetings.
1. Improvement of the financial support schemes offered by the Guarantee Funds for marine investments to 200,000 Euros, increasing the investment ceiling.
2. Approval of the scheme of the annual energy balance of self-users, instead of the monthly one.
3. Doubling of the installed capacity of the photovoltaic energy plant for self-users.
4. The approval of the law on energy communities, which creates an opportunity for businesses to share the costs of investment and maintenance of plants.
5. The design of hybrid grant + loan financing schemes, creating opportunities for investments in the field of renewable energies, for a wide range of businesses.
Thanks to the Regional Association of Tourist Operators of Vlora, for the cooperation in the realization of the meetings