Economic Empowerment Of Women In Orikum Area, financed by U.S Embassy Tirana,
Specific objectives of the project:
a. Initiate a women group for implementing economic activities
b. Increase group income through adding value to local produce
c. Increase opportunities for private investment to further enhance the women economic initiative.
d. Disseminate the impact into wider community in cooperation with local authorities
1. An economic initiative (processing workshop) that will process local olives into other products as pate, soaps and candles for local market, hospitality market and B&B, established with support from AULEDA. A local businessperson will offer its facilities thus cooperation and sustainability is ensured.
2. A new business model a social enterprise will be introduced and developed from a group of women, which will be exposed to similar models in national and international level.
3. Women, members of the processing group will gain skills for new marketable products.
4. At least 1 branded market product will be tested in local B&B structures, restaurants and shops in Vlora.
5. A simple marketing strategy for the workshop products drafted.
6. Business environment improved and ready for further investments from private actors.
7. Typical products from the women’s group displayed in local guides and other brochures that promote tourism in the area.