Project “Artgold2 Albania”, support by ARTGOLD2/UNDP
In order to contribute to the enhancement of sustainable economic development in the Region of Vlore, Auleda’s main role was to harmonize services, actions, initiatives and projects in line with the strategic development plan of the territory.
- Cooperate in elaborating the strategic development plan, support the planning process, backstop preparation of projects, start implementing pilot initiatives and monitor their results.
- Provide logistic, organizational and relational support to UNDP/ArtGold 2 for its implementation in Vlore
- Provide services to local population and institutions for the development of local economies including support to strategic value chains, support to most disadvantaged groups and communities
- Provide support and collaboration to the implementation of ArtGold 2, “Universitas” School Laboratory component in Vlora Region.
- Facilitate international partnerships, focusing on key priority projects that will be identified on the course of the strategic planning process.
- Develop Auleda’s own 5 strategic plan.
STRATEGIC PLANNING OF VLORA REGION, PROCESS AND ACTIVITIES
Introduction of strategic planning initiative
These activities were preceded by a detailed presentation of the process of drafting the Strategic Plan. UNDP experts Andrea Nobili and Federica Di Pietro Antonio in collaboration with Auleda held a meeting with Auleda technical staff .
Identification of local actors.
AULEDA during this phase identified potential stakeholders who will constitute the target groups of discussion to identify priorities and possible scenarios of development.
Results achieved :
Map of the existing plans of the Region.
Study for the value chain in Vlora region
4 integrated productive projects for Vlora region.
Draft Strategic Plan of Vlora region realized.
New Auleda Organogram, new statute, new management handbook.
8 business plans prepared, 4 presented at the Credit Committee, 3 approve.
3 new associations created, 1 supported.
2 producers’ forums beekeeping forum and MPO forum.
3 workshops with producers in different field of activities.